Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tour de the Spanish Apartment de los tres chicas americanas!

Just finished another fantastic dinner. Our host mother has been keeping it pretty simple with salads and fruit and bread, which my stomach greatly appreciates. As promised, here are a few pictures of mi casa nueva!
This is our bathroom, it’s gorgeous! And my favorite color! The bathtub is so old, our host mother was telling us about it but I couldn’t understand it all or I would have more to say about it……


 This is the breakfast room. We have yet to eat breakfast here, but since the only modern outlet is right next to the bathroom (the only one where my converter’s work—never believe the rack room self-proclaimed experts that they work in all Spanish outlets!!!!) we have designated it the electronics table. Or at least I have. It has a window overlooking the courtyard but we keep the blinds closed on that side of the house because we have no air conditioning and so that side gets lots of sunlight.
 This is the kitchen! Our host mother stocked us with so much food! We have 2 kinds of juice in the fridge, bottled water, and yogurt. In addition to all that she made sure we had a coffee pot and a coffee machine, and lots of snacks like fresh fruit and croissants and muffins.
 This is the view from the kitchen! It overlooks the patio out back that has lots of little plants in beautiful ceramic pots. It was built by our host mother's father. He owns the whole apartment building where we are staying, and most of their family lives in each of the apartments. Nacho said his aunt lives upstairs and his grandparents on the first floor. 
 Mi dormitorio! One bed is for me, and another for my luggage. There is no dresser in the room, just a rack, but it only had 5 hangars so I just laid out all of my things in a semi-organized fashion on the bed.
 This is the formal dining table, we have yet to use it also, but as you can see there is artwork everywhere! I love it, it’s all hanging from the ceiling from plastic strings. I asked our host mother where she got all the art, if someone in the family did it, and she said that she collected them when she went on holiday. She must have gone on lots of holidays!

This is the foyer. The floors are all tiled throughout with some type of colorful honeycomb mosaic pattern. 

So todo es esto! That’s the apartment! School starts tomorrow at 9am, so we have to be up early to master our maps and the metro system. Then we take a spanish placement test, and start the first day of classes! I'm hoping to go to the beach for the first time, but I'm not planning on taking my camera (eesh--sand). We told our host mother our plans and she packed us an almuerzo (lunch for a picnic on the beach).  However, I do have a lunchtime adventure from today I'm planning on uploading as a visual in addition to writing a little story about how I managed to buy a phone from a local store where no one spoke english.....adventuras.
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh how was your stay in a foreign country, oh it was nice, I stayed with like 18 people in a one bedroom house and they spoke no english, how about you? Oh you know, I my own apartment with my own bedroom in downtown Valencia with a family that cooks for me....lucky!!!! haha I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fabulous place to be!!
    Very cozy. -- Mom

    ReplyDelete