Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bailamos! (Let's dance!)

Hola a todos! Not too many pictures today because I didn't bring my camera and it was mostly a regular school day.

In the morning, I had breakfast on the go via the way to the metro, and then went to the computer lab early while my roommates who are in the lower level marketing class went to take their test. I managed to crack down on my book report on Brand Sense (Martin Lindstrom if you are interested) and that only leaves 3 papers for the rest of the semester to complete....joy. It's definitely not all play here in Valencia, we work hard too! (Unfortunately--but it just makes me that much more determined to come back for just fun.)

Then I enjoyed my bocadilla (sandwich, jamon y queso hoy), with a glass of fresh zummo! Echaré much zummo cuando volver a los Estados Unidos.....(I'm going to miss it when I come back to the US). In spanish class, we learned about different dances and music and their instruments.  Ironically, the flamenco was not one we talked about much.

In the afternoon, around 4pm, we attended Flamenco lessons together as a class. Our teacher spoke no English other than "One, two, three four!" So it was lots of watching and concentrating trying to mimic her. I don't have Flamenco shoes so I had to wear regular heels, but it was still really fun.

Luckily Kyle, on of my roommates, manages to snap a few pictures from us dancing. We go back tomorrow for round two, but I am planning on taking my camera then. For now, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment